Firefox may run quickly but it loads slowly; here’s how to fix it
Note: This tip is not suitable for inexperienced computer users.
You can slash Firefox’s slow load time by compressing the DLLs and executables. There are many choices for compression but I suggest you use UPX which is free, efficient and time proven.
1. Download UPX from http://upx.sourceforge.net/#download
2. Unzip upx.exe into your Firefox installation folder which is normally C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox.
3. Make sure Firefox is not running then shell to a command prompt in the Firefox installation directory.
4. Type in the following command in a single line and hit return:
for %v in (*.exe *.dll components\*.dll plugins\*.dll) do upx “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\%v”
5. If on some later occasion you want to unpack the files, just type in the command above but add the decompression switch “-d” after “do upx.”